My name is Arne van Elk and I work at Traffic4u.nl as an SEO consultant. This blog helps me to structure my work-related thinking, it enables me to document what I’ve learned and share that knowledge with anyone who might be interested.
Currently (as is obvious) the site has hardly started, but my goal is to write about SEO, search, information architecture and music discovery.
I’m also planning to expand my Dutch language website.
To explain in more detail, I might write about:
SEO – Search Engine Optimization (info ↗)
- How do search engines like Google work and what does it take to be visible in their results
- How to optimize your story, article, video, blogpost or comprehensive guide for search
- What is linkbuilding and why do you need it
- How to perform keyword research
- How to monitor your website’s ranking for a particular keyword
- How to target your content to search engines in a particular country
- What webpage or video metadata is important to search and what isn’t
- How to make sure certain (duplicate or thin) content is NOT indexed by Google
- How to deal with syndication of content
- What are the best CMS settings for SEO (Drupal and WordPress)
Information Architecture (info ↗)
- How to structure your website to increase topical relevance, remove unnecessary complexity and help users and search engines find their way
- How to deal with tagging.
Just a hobby :-). Love to create special playlists for every occasion, and very interested in new musical recommendations systems as developed by Spotify, iTunes etc.
Stay in touch! Contact me via Linkedin, Twitter or Google+, or check out my collection of articles about SEO, IA and much more on Diigo.